San Francisco Giants Schedule – The 2017 Baseball Season
San Francisco Giants Schedule. The SF Giants, as you know, used to be the New York Giants before they abandoned one coast for the other. Interestingly, the Giants were the first major league team in New York and have won, in both cities, the most games in the history of baseball. It was in 1958 that the team moved to San Francisco and the groans from the NYC fans still echo today.
Flash forward to 2000, when the Giants finally fled from the cold, wind and fog of Candlestick Park on the western shore of the bay to their new, and current, home in central San Francisco at AT&T Park. Fans love it, and games are often sold out. But, not to worry, we know some sources where you'll be able to find tickets. Here is the San Francisco Giants schedule for this year.
San Francisco Giants Schedule & Tickets
San Francisco Giants Fun Facts
- The Giants started in 1883 as the New York Gothams playing at the Polo Grounds.
- They won their first National League pennant in 1888. But in 1890 the team split into two rival teams, both called the Giants.
- In the 1951 National League pennant series Bobby Thompson hit the now-famous Shot Heard 'Round the World to give the Giants a come from behind win in the ninth inning.
- An equally famous incident in Giants' history was Willie Mays' The Catch from a dead run, over his shoulder, to let the Giants win the 1954 World Series.
- The Giants moved to California at the same time as the Brooklyn Dodgers, in 1957.
- Due to its location next to the bay, Candlestick Park, the Giants' former home, was beset with strong winds that swirled down into the stadium, creating difficult playing conditions.
- Those winds affected the San Francisco Giants schedule and attendance. At Candlestick Park the Giants often had the lowest annual attendance in the major leagues, whereas at AT&T Stadium the team vies for the highest attendance.
- The Giants' all-time, all-season win loss record is 10,780 to 9,262, or .538 in baseball parlance.
San Francisco Planning Guides